No Outsiders registered charity number 1184725
Message from Andrew Moffat MBE, Co- founder No Outsiders charity
'There is no registration or accreditation to become a No Outsiders school. As a teacher of 27 years who still works in a school, I trust teachers and I trust schools. I always say, if you want to be a No Outsiders school, you can be!'
1) You need to work with your governors first to make sure everyone is on board and has seen the picture books you will be using.
2 ) Next is staff training; some schools do this themselves, some schools get me in. When I deliver training, schools pay for my cover at my own school. I can do whole inset days or half inset days, twilights etc. The most popular training day is the No Outsiders teaching day where I come in to your school and deliver a different, age-appropriate No Outsiders lesson in every class so that all staff get to see a lesson with their class and see their children engaging with the language and ethos. I am currently doing 3 days a week training and typically I am booked up 4 months in advance. Email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for info and bookings.
3) You need to involve parents and show all the books. What makes No Outsiders so accessible is the use of picture books so that you can show parents all the resources and be transparent from the beginning. There is also a No Outsiders booklet for parents/ carers that can be ordered from the website with a full book list and information about the Equality Act.
4) The No Outsiders assemblies are key for driving the consistent message. All the assemblies are free to access on the website. There are assemblies for KS1 and KS2. There are also extra books with lesson plans on the website so you can extend your no outsiders library if you wish.
5) There are lots of useful No Outsiders films available freely on the website which I encourage you to watch with your staff team, / governors and use as discussion starter.
6) Schools often buy a No Outsiders plaque for their entrance to make the ethos clear to visitors. Schools can also order lanyards, pin badges, stickers etc